HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you use Centra Tech Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information, and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site, and the pages you accessed on our Website. Centra Tech does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 13 years old.
If you create an account or use Centra Tech Services, we, or our affiliates vendors acting on our behalf may collect the following types of information:
- Identification information such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information; and
- Financial information such as the full bank account and routing numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Centra Tech Account or input when you use paid Centra Tech Services. If you do not use the Centra Tech Conversion Service, you may opt out of providing this information.
If you seek permissions to raise your Digital Currency buy and sell limits associated with your Centra Tech Account, we may require you to provide additional information which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or address, and/or to manage risk. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third-parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you use Centra Tech Services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our Website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your Centra Tech Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Centra Tech or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
When you access our Website or content or use our application or Centra Tech Services, we or companies we work with may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a Centra Tech customer;
- Customize Centra Tech Services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our Website or content. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of Centra Tech Services. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, such as your encrypted bank account and/or routing numbers, on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where Centra Tech facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to Centra Tech staff.
We store our customers’ personal information securely throughout the life of the customer’s Centra Tech Account. Centra Tech will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Centra Tech Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and provide notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot issues;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or unlawful activities, and/or violations of our posted Terms and Conditions;
- Customize, measure, and improve Centra Tech Services and the content and layout of our Website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third-parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third-parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or Centra Tech Services may not be available to you.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third-parties.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH OTHER CENTRA TECH USERS
If you use your Centra Tech Account to transfer Digital Currency in connection with the purchase or sale of goods or services, we or you may also provide the seller with your shipping address, name, and/or email to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to transfer Digital Currency to your seller fails or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful transfer. To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller.
In connection with a Digital Currency transfer between you and a third-party, including merchants, a third-party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number which may be used to inform you that a transfer has been sent to or received from the third-party. We may use this information in connection with such transfers to confirm that you are a Centra Tech customer, that Digital Currency transfers are enabled, and/or to notify you that you have received Digital Currency. If you request that we validate your status as a Centra Tech customer with a third-party, we will do so. You may also choose to send Digital Currency to or request Digital Currency from an email address. In such cases, your user name will be displayed in an email message notifying the user of the designated email address of your action. Please note that merchants you interact with may have their own privacy policies, and Centra Tech is not responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
If you authorize one or more third-party applications to access your Centra Tech account, then information you have provided to Centra Tech may be shared with those third-parties. Unless you provide further authorization, these third-parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to facilitate your transactions using Centra Tech services.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Centra Tech to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services;
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else;
- Financial institutions with which we partner;
- Companies or other entities that purchase Centra Tech assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under U.S. Bankruptcy law;
- Law enforcement, and officials, or other third-parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
- Other third-parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Before Centra Tech shares your information with any third-party that is not acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Centra Tech, Centra Tech will enter into a written agreement requiring that the third-party to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required hereunder.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY QUESTIONS
For Texas Users Only: If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to: Texas Department of Banking, 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705, 1-877-276-5554 (toll free), www.dob.texas.gov.